Dr. Vijay Negalur
MD, FICP, FACP, PGDDM( UK), FELLOW OF DIABETES INDIA
Dr. Vijay Negalur is the co-founder and Medical Director at Dr. Negalur’s Diabetes & Thyroid specialities center, Ghodbunder road, Thane. He is as a Hon. Associate Professor of Medicine since the past 20 years at Rajiv Gandhi Medical College & Shivaji Hospital, Kalwa and has served as a MBBS examiner and convenor for MUHS. He is currently one of the leading teachers in PHFI- Public Health foundation of India and currently teaches on a variety of subjects: Diabetes Management, Thyroid Management, Pregnancy in Diabetes and Cardiology & Diabetes. He is on the advisory board of various Indian and International Pharmaceutical companies. He has earned the title “Syndrome Man” and “ Gentle Giant in Diabetes” by his students and colleagues on account of his impressive diagnosis and treatment, his colleagues and teachers have given him a rather befitting title.
- Director of Dr. Negalur’s Diabetes & Thyroid Specialities Center at Ghodbunder Road, Thane – West
- Director of Renuka Hospital for Advanced Diabetic Care - Dombivali since 35 years till date.
- Senior Consultant in Diabetes, Thyroid & Metabolism at Dr. Negalur’s Diabetes & Thyroid Specialities Center at Ghodbunder Road, Thane – West
- Senior Physician and Diabetologist-Jupiter Hospital, Thane since 2007 till date
- Ex Associate Professor-Department of Medicine - Terna Medical College 1994 to 2015
- Vice President of NADR (Negalurs Academy of Diabetes and Research)
- Director & Faculty for Education Initiative for Study of Diabetes (EISD)
- Founder President of “Association for Diabetes Care and Prevention” A.D.C.P since 2002 till date.
- Mentor and Faculty for the Fellowship in Diabetology at D. Y. Patil deemed to be University since 2017. Mentored 5 fellow in the subject.
- Mentor and Faculty for in Obesity, Body Metabolism & Nutrition at Dr. L H Hiranandani Hospital, Powai affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
- S.S.C passed in 1969 from Joshi High School, Dombivli
- 2.Inter Science Passed in 1971 from Ruia College, Mumbai
- M.B.B.S –Passed in 1975 from Grant Medical College - Mumbai University
- M.D. General Medicine and Therapeutics passed in 1979 from Grant Medical College – Mumbai University and secured 3rd rank in University Of Mumbai
- Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetes Management-Middlesex University, London, UK - June 2017