Dr. Benny Negalur
MD, FICP, FACP, PGDDM( UK), FELLOW OF DIABETES INDIA
Dr. Benny Negalur is the co-founder and medical director at Dr. Negalur’s Diabetes & thyroid specialities center, Ghodbunder road, Thane W. She has been attached to Wockhardt Hospital, Mulund in the past and currently also consults at Jupiter Hospital, Thane.
She is a Hon. Associate Professor of at Terna Medical College, Navi Mumbai since the past 20 years and has served as a MBBS examiner and convenor for MUHS. She is a leading teacher at PHFI- Public Health foundation of India in Thane and conducts certificate courses for doctors on “Diabetes and its complications”. Her passion for neurology and diabetic neuropathy, led her to single-handedly set up the 1st complete Diabetic Foot Clinic at Thane in 2015. The first-of-its-kind diabetic foot clinic is complete with podiatry services, specialized orthotists , a dedicated team of foot surgeons and a collaboration with national & international makers of customized footwear and insoles for patients.
Her dedication to patient care won her the prestigious “Life-time achievement award in the field of Diabetes care” in 2015. She is an outstanding orator and conducts various lectures for students and general practioners. She is a member of the European Association for the study of Diabetes (EASD), American Diabetic Association (ADA), the Association of Physicians of India (API). She has been a faculty member for Diabetic Neuropathy at the International symposia for Nutrition & Vitamins in 2013 and the Convenor for Diabetic Foot Workshop at DEFP in 2015.
- Director of Dr. Negalur’s Diabetes & Thyroid Specialities Center at Ghodbunder Road, Thane – West
- Senior Consultant in Diabetes, Thyroid & Metabolism at Dr. Negalur’s Diabetes & Thyroid Specialities Center at Ghodbunder Road, Thane – West
- Senior Physician and Diabetologist-Jupiter Hospital, Thane since 2007 till date
- Ex Associate Professor-Department of Medicine - Terna Medical College 1994 to 2015
- Vice President of NADR (Negalurs Academy of Diabetes and Research)
- Founder President of ‘Women and Diabetes - super club’
- Director & Faculty for Education Initiative for Study of Diabetes (EISD)
- Appointed as an Examiner for Fellowship Course by Maharashtra University Of Health Science in Obesity, Body Metabolism and Nutrition - Final Examination of February 2019 - 1st of it’s kind in India.
- S.S.C passed in 1972 from Holy Name High School, Colaba Mumbai – Pune University
- Inter Science Passed in 1974 from St. Xavier College Mumbai University
- M.B.B.S –Passed in 1978 from Grant medical College - Mumbai University
- M.D. General Medicine and Therapeutics – Grant Medical College –Mumbai University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetes Management-Middlesex University, London, UK - June 2017